Monday, April 28, 2008

"Let us not enter into your Promise alone, but bring us God, along with all those for whom we pray, into the Mercy of your Hiding Place, beneath your Robe soaked in Blood."

Before sleeping, I wrote this prayer, based upon readings from another prayer book I like to read at the end of the day. Yesterday, I read a great deal about the prophecies of Revelations, the concepts of tribulation, armageddon, the seven seals. The symbolic content of said prophecies, which have fascinated me since childhood, and the potential interpretations of them. Some believe the end times are here. Some feel they are indicative of a spiritual evolution, a transcendence that is to take place on a multi-dimensional plane. Some are able to embrace an awareness of both literal and figurative representations of the revelations themselves.

I am a poet, musician and artist. While I cannot dismiss the prophecies of the Revelations, I believe that God is one for whom all things are possible, and I believe that God can do as God pleases. I am most affected by the knowlege of God as Infinite Love and of Christ as Merciful Saviour.

Once, my mother and I were cleaning her house. She said, "It's dusty as Hell in here!" and then chuckled at her speech, unusual for her. She queried, "do you think Hell is dusty place?"
I automatically responded, I mean, it was a natural reflexive soul response, " Yes, I do. "
"Why's that?" To which I responded that I hoped Hell would be an empty place, because of Our Lord's Mercy. It just came out of me. My mom burst into tears and held me so closely, giving thanks to God for a daughter who would or could say such a thing.

Have I told this story before?
Please excuse me if so. The concept of Divine Mercy is greatly on my mind. This began in the beginning of this new millenium when I came across the writing of Thielard de Chardin.
Is it the work of souls to be revealed in it?

the other night, I was left with this observation from a dream.

"If we refuse the apex, how can we calculate the foundation?"

No comments: