Friday, March 7, 2008

Dinner Party

I've forgotten already, most of what i dreamed last night. I do remember the tail end of the last dream. I was at a dinner party outside among a number of gazebos on a lawn. There were lots of folks there. Winding through the tables and chairs was a little track, like the kind you see at the county fair. Upon the track was a little seven or eight car train, also like the kind you see at the fair, with no roof on top. Sweet. it was taking the guests for rides, and everyone was smiling and laughing, enjoying themselves. As it came by where I was sitting, I spied Geri Kay, whom I haven't seen in years. I looked intently at her, passing by, and whispered her name. The train slowed its rambling to a near stop, and I said her name again. She turned and smiled, and we leaned toward each other and embraced. Our eyes were wet with happy emotion, and a little sadness that so much time had gone by until now.

No comments: