Just the other day, after posting Fever, I came across this quote, which I found to be categorically, mystically pertinent. I call these coincidences and serendipities Consolations, as I am upheld and encouraged daily in my heart and soul by such appearances in the seemingly random and even mundane. Never do these occurrences take place without acknowledgment and thanks given immediately in prayer. Prayer takes place throughout the day, pulling the soul toward the Spirit like a needle is pulled to the north.
In looking further into this quotation, I discovered that this Sunday is Mercy Sunday, the first Sunday after Easter, a timely notification after a timely recollection.
I had never heard of St. Faustina, nor had I heard of the chaplet of Divine Mercy, or Mercy Sunday. However, I felt as t hough I had received a clue in January, when I was drawn to the prayer card at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City. I now know that it was a depiction of the image St. Faustina had been commanded to have painted, that of Christ in His Divine Mercy, with two rays emanating from his Heart, one scarlet, the other white, representing the cleansing power of God's Love through His Passion. At the bottom an inscription: Jesus I Trust In You. A simple instruction, and simple prescription for the maladies which burden the soul, from the heart's own true doctor, the likes of whom Asclepius himself was a mere shadow..
I encourage anyone to read about St. Faustina and her obedient diary, her quiet resolve, her predictions of the "spark from Poland" Pope John Paul II, and her brief life beginning in 1905.
http://www.faustina.ch/index_en.htm
May God's Grace be upon you, upon us all, and may you be specifically blessed with acceptance of His Divine Mercy this coming Sunday, and all Sundays.
May God's Grace be upon you, upon us all, and may you be specifically blessed with acceptance of His Divine Mercy this coming Sunday, and all Sundays.
No comments:
Post a Comment